- March 2020 Garden Closure Survey Summary
- AAM: Museums Included in Economic Relief Legislation
- NCN: How the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Bill Would Affect Nonprofits
- FFCRA: The Department of Labor released guidance clarifying that the effective date of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Questions & Answers
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Employee Paid Leave Rights
- FFCRA Notice Poster - the law requires that any private employer with less than 500 employees keep this notice posted in conspicuous places on the premises of the employer where notices to employees are customarily posted.
On Friday, March 13, the Association joined with our colleagues to send a letter asking the United States Congress to consider museums and other centers for science engagement that are helping communities prepare and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic as eligible recipients of economic relief in any emergency funding supplemental advanced by Congress.
On Wednesday, March 18, the letter was updated to reflect a specific request of at least $4 Billion in emergency funding for museums.
Our partner associations in advocating for this Federal support include the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD), the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM), the Association of Science & Technology Centers (ASTC), the Association of Science Museum Directors (ASMD), and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA).
Amplify this ask by sharing the letter with your Congressional representatives, asking your Board, trustees, and partners to do the same. You can also use the messaging within to bolster your own efforts at the state and local levels.