Presented by the Volunteer Engagement Community
November 15-16, 2022
Public Gardens and parks are more important now than ever and Volunteers provide critical support to the mission and success of these organizations. Volunteers allow us to augment the work of paid staff, to effectively engage our communities, and they share special skills to our workforce. Volunteers are our community ambassadors and they provide essential support especially during these challenging and uncertain times. The Volunteer IMPACT conference will highlight the myriad of ways Volunteer contributions are vital to our organizations and also how our organizations are vital to them.
We're looking for your 15- or 45- minute session proposal to include in our Volunteer IMPACT Symposium! Be inspired with these suggested topic ideas or create your own:
· Recruiting volunteers during/after a global pandemic
· Building relationships with your volunteers
· Volunteer belonging, physical activity, and overall wellness
· Evaluating risk management when engaging volunteers
· How volunteers can acquire critical skills and experiences for career development
· Remote and virtual volunteer activities
· Beyond National Volunteer Week: Appreciation and recognition throughout the year
· Cross-Pollination: Bridging the gap between your time donors and financial donors
· IDEA: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility
Pitch us your idea! For any questions, please contact a member of the planning committee. Interested in joining the planning committee? Let us know.
Bailee Hopkins-Hensley Community Liaison Programs, Initiatives, and Networks Coordinator, APGA
Taylor Woodcock (Chair) Director of Volunteer Engagement, Iowa State University Foundation (former Manager of Volunteer Engagement, Reiman Gardens
Eryn Hatzithomas (Co-Chair) Community Engagement Manager, Queens Botanical Garden
Briana Berkowitz Professional Development Assistant, APGA
15-Minute Individual Presentation Structured presentations on a single, focused topic that are presented in a TED Talk-like format
45-Minute Individual Presentation or Multi-Speaker Presentation Structured discussions or presentations based on a single, focused topic are welcome.
Presenters must purchase their own registration for the symposium. We will not be offering any fee waivers.
Please provide the following:
· Presenter(s) contact information: name, title, and garden
· Identify which of the above presentation formats is your preferred choice
· Session description (public-facing; 350-word max)
· Describe the key issues and concepts of your presentation (100-word max)
Submissions can be made here. Questions about content creation can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested in sponsoring the symposium? Contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting submissions through August 1, 2022
· Organize session focus, format, and presenters
· Develop session content
· Adhere to Association Policies
· Please note that speakers must be available to present live at the virtual symposium. We will not be pre-recording sessions.
· Live engagement opportunities may be limited. Please contact email@example.com prior to submitting if audience participation is an integral part of your session.
We thank you for your leadership! By the end of August 2022, you will receive notification of the status of your proposal. The Association will determine the specific days and timeslots for sessions. Your submitted proposal automatically confirms your availability for any session block during November 15 through November 16, 2022, the dates of the Volunteer IMPACT Symposium. If you already have a known time conflict, please note it in your submission.