Achieve Greatness in Sustainable Community Development
1. Enhance capacity for participatory and inclusive sustainable community development.
2. Contribute to the environmental, social, and economic health of the city/town/municipality that the garden resides in.
3. Develop educational programming and community outreach projects/programs in direct response to identified community needs.
Getting Started is Easy!
Read the Workbook to learn the goals, key performance indicators, outcomes, and strategies.
Fill out the Self-Assessment and get a baseline of where your garden is on Sustainable Community Development and gain access to peer support. Download the Assessment Questions here to work offline/share with others.
Demonstrate garden achievements on Sustainable Community Development and receive Excellence in Sustainable Community Development recognition.
A wide range of best practices set the standard for working with valued community resources to help them achieve their goals for sustainability. Goals, Strategies, Resources, and a Network of Peer Support help your garden meet Key Performance Indicators and Achieve Outcomes.
What Recognition for Your Garden Means
- A Garden Profile on your garden’s unique achievement of Excellence in Sustainable Community Development featured on the Association website and in communication platforms.
- Excellence in Sustainable Community Development badge of recognition will be awarded for your garden’s use.