Achieve Greatness in Materials Management
1. Implement a plan/policy to purchase or select materials that are extracted using sustainable practices and contain non-hazardous chemicals and recycled content.
2. Recycle and reuse materials for construction, renovation, restoration, maintenance, and educational purposes.
3. Reduce toxic and hazardous waste from all public garden management activities and divert, reduce, or eliminate waste to landfills.
Getting Started is Easy!
Read the Workbook to learn the goals, key performance indicators, outcomes, and strategies.
Fill out the Self-Assessment and get a baseline of where your garden is on Materials Management and gain access to peer support. Download the Assessment Questions here to work offline/share with others.
Demonstrate garden achievements on Materials Management and receive Excellence in Materials Management recognition.
A wide range of best practices set the standard to maintain, purchase, and utilize sustainably sourced materials for operations, facilities, and garden areas. Goals, Strategies, Resources, and a Network of Peer Support help your garden meet Key Performance Indicators and Achieve Outcomes.
What Recognition for Your Garden Means
- Automatic nomination for the Operational Sustainability Award. Get recognized in multiple Attributes to receive stronger consideration.
- A Garden Profile on your garden’s unique achievement of Excellence in Materials Management featured on the Association website and in communication platforms.
- Excellence in Materials Management badge of recognition will be awarded for your garden’s use.