Achieve Greatness in Health & Well-Being
1. Commit to health and wellness best practices to establish a widespread culture of inclusion, diversity, and safety across all departments.
2. Provide direct services/programming to the community that addresses health and well-being challenges.
3. Promote and educate visitors on the physical and mental health benefits that gardens provide.
Getting Started is Easy!
Read the Workbook to learn the goals, key performance indicators, outcomes, and strategies.
Fill out the Self-Assessment and get a baseline of where your garden is on Health & Well-Being and gain access to peer support. Download the Assessment Questions here to work offline/share with others.
Demonstrate garden achievements on Health & Well-Being and receive Excellence in Health & Well-Being recognition.
A wide range of best practices set the standard to promote and educate the importance of the natural world, and in particular plants, to human health and well-being. Goals, Strategies, Resources, and a Network of Peer Support help your garden meet Key Performance Indicators and Achieve Outcomes.
What Recognition for Your Garden Means
- Automatic nomination for the Operational Sustainability Award. Get recognized in multiple Attributes to receive stronger consideration.
- A Garden Profile on your garden’s unique achievement of Excellence in Health & Well-Being featured on the Association website and in communication platforms.
- Excellence in Health & Well-Being badge of recognition will be awarded for your garden’s use.