Achieve Greatness in Social Engagement, Outreach, & Education
1. Understand and know who is participating in your programming (who they are, where they live, and what they are concerned about - environmentally, socially, economically, and otherwise).
2. Identify valued and relevant topics of sustainability in your region and include educational programming that addresses them (e.g. food systems in cities, water in drought prone regions, etc.).
3. Fully engage with broad and diverse community members, ensuring equitable, inclusive, and accessible offerings.
4. Increase community and regional participation in educational programming, identifying demographics that have not previously visited or participated in educational programming and events.
Getting Started is Easy!
Read the Workbook to learn the goals, key performance indicators, outcomes, and strategies.
Fill out the Self-Assessment and get a baseline of where your garden is on Social Engagement, Outreach, & Education and gain access to peer support. Download the Assessment Questions here to work offline/share with others.
Demonstrate garden achievements on Engagement, Outreach, Education and receive Excellence in Engagement, Outreach, Education recognition.
A wide range of best practices set the standard to maximize engagement, education, and outreach with your community. Goals, Strategies, Resources, and a Network of Peer Support help your garden meet Key Performance Indicators and Achieve Outcomes.
What Recognition for Your Garden Means
- Automatic nomination for the Operational Sustainability Award. Get recognized in multiple Attributes to receive stronger consideration.
- A Garden Profile on your garden’s unique achievement of Excellence in Social Engagement, Outreach, & Education featured on the Association website and in communication platforms.
- Excellence in Social Engagement, Outreach, & Education badge of recognition will be awarded for your garden’s use.