Achieve Greatness in Climate Adaptation & Risk Management
1. Assess short and long term climate related threats to people, plants, and infrastructure through plans or policies.
2. Build adaptation strategies that address collections, design, maintenance, interpretation, programming, and training.
3. Address climate threats with emergency planning, operational protocols, and appropriate design.
Getting Started is Easy!
Read the Workbook to learn the goals, key performance indicators, outcomes, and strategies.
Fill out the Self-Assessment and get a baseline of where your garden is on Climate Adaptation & Risk Management and gain access to peer support. Download the Assessment Questions here to work offline/share with others.
Gardens Gain Recognition
A wide range of best practices set the standard for a garden to anticipate, adapt, and flourish in the face of climate change and can drastically reduce the impacts upon people, valuable infrastructure, and plant collections. Goals, Strategies, Resources, and a Network of Peer Support help your garden meet Key Performance Indicators and Achieve Outcomes.
What Recognition for Your Garden Means
- Automatic nomination for the Operational Sustainability Award. Get recognized in multiple Attributes to receive stronger consideration.
- A Garden Profile on your garden’s unique achievement of Excellence in Climate Adaptation & Risk Management featured on the Association website and in communication platforms.
- Excellence in Climate Adaptation & Risk Management badge of recognition will be awarded for your garden’s use.