Over the next ten years, the public garden industry is projected to face a shortage of leaders due to retirements. The Emerging Professionals Community of the Association presents "Ask an Expert”.
Join us in exploring a new trend in the field: Chief Diversity Officers. We'll be joined by professionals who work in the diversity space within horticulture. Some of them have been newly appointed as chief diversity officers, others volunteer to lead internal committees at their gardens, and some fall somewhere in between. Find out what it takes to step into this important role and learn more about how other garden professionals see this trend developing in the future. Panelists will provide insight into their job responsibilities and career paths, offering exclusive access for aspiring leaders.
Our panelists for this session are:
- Kim Carrier, Volunteer Program Coordinator, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Kevina Devereaux, Director of Social Responsibility & Inclusion, Desert Botanical Garden
- Raquel Nazario, Director of HR and Diversity, New York Botanic Garden
- Ali Kane, Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations, Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Reba Luiken, Executive Director, Allen Centennial Garden
Introductions and additional support by: Lauren Garcia Chance, PhD, Outreach Manager, American Public Gardens Association
Video edited by: Caitlin Simkovich, Creative Projects Coordinator, American Public Gardens Association