The first phase of disaster planning is Organizing Your Resources.
After this module, you will:
- Understand why it’s important to get participation and buy-in from different stakeholder groups;
- Be able to identify the garden staff who need to be involved in disaster planning and the roles they play in disaster management;
- Be able to identify key external stakeholders in your garden’s disaster planning efforts, including local authorities, vendors, and emergency contacts;
- Be able to articulate the scope of your garden’s current disaster management planning process; and
- Know what the National Incident Management System is and how you might deploy it at your own garden.
The materials in this module will take you 40 minutes to complete.