The Association's Disaster Readiness inititative works to establish public gardens as cornerstones of resilient, healthy communities. The initiative builds capacity and enhances the ability to extol how public gardens can provide solutions to local and global challenges.
It is our hope that this initiative will galvanize gardens to proactively build and sustain resilience while navigating change by:
• Providing disaster preparedness and response resources
• Connecting gardens to a peer support network
• Growing gardens as leaders in operational sustainability
• Providing tools that help gardens achieve financial stability and maintain community relevancy
• Facilitating methods for gardens to safeguard and proactively plan for the long-term health of their plant collections
Let's work together to ensure Disaster Readiness: It's Essential!