The Horticulturist works during the peak of the growing season, assisting the Horticulture and Facilities Manager with standard bed maintenance and new garden installations as needed.
• Perform (and may oversee specific themed spaces) garden and grounds maintenance tasks, including planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, mowing, fertilizing and others as required.
• Safe operation of power tools such as mower, leaf blower and string-trimmer.
• Utilize organic pest management techniques under supervision.
• Perform light structural maintenance work or small engine repair as required.
• Develop portions of seasonal exhibits and displays as needed.
• Supervise horticulture volunteers as required.
• Interact with garden guests as required.
• Other duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of basic plant maintenance.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of safe operation of tools and equipment.
• Willingness to perform hands-on horticulture tasks in all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work at least one weekend day per week with occasional evening work for events.
• Customer service experience; ability to work with diverse populations and volunteers.
• Ability to work under supervision or independently.
Submit resume and cover letter to Josh Steffen at email@example.com. Position open until filled.