Tower Hill Botanic Garden believes diversity in nature promotes a healthy, vigorous garden. We believe that diversity among our staff promotes a healthy work environment and a vigorous organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe in diversity of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ability, and all the other traits that make us unique. Tower Hill is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison reports to the CEO and works individually and as a team member to facilitate the administrative functions and effectiveness of the Executive Office. Specific responsibilities include maintaining the CEO’s calendar, coordinating communications, the planning and execution of business meetings (both on-site and virtual), and providing support to the CEO.
The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison is also responsible for scheduling Board of Trustee meetings, assisting in agenda writing for Board and Committee meetings, preparing materials for Board and Committee meetings, drafting and disseminating Board Committee electronic meeting minutes, and ensuring that meeting follow-up is scheduled. The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison must anticipate the needs of a busy office, interface with Board, donors, staff, and a diverse constituency, maintain confidentiality, and set priorities in accordance with the CEO’s strategic agenda.
The ideal candidate is:
• A proactive problem solver.
• Highly professional, discreet, and of good judgment.
• A skilled communicator, able to read nuanced situations and manage relationships.
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks and establish and meet deadlines.
• Continually builds technical and professional knowledge associated with job objectives.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tower Hill Botanic Garden aims to create an inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and serve our visitors as well as the communities of Worcester County, Massachusetts, and New England.
• Maximize the effectiveness of the CEO’s Office in meeting annual goals by maintaining the calendar; proof, disseminate and monitor written correspondence as needed; review mail; manage office budget; answer phones/emails, and other administrative duties as needed.
• Draft and disseminate agendas for, as well as record and disseminate electronic minutes of the CEO’s meetings.
• Assist the CEO in project management for capital construction, attending construction meetings, coordinating schedules with contractors for site visits, processing payment requests in coordination with the Finance Department.
• Support technology set-up for organizational meetings and CEO’s office.
• Serve on cross-functional teams and committees as needed.
• Assist with events and meetings as needed.
• Greet and assist visitors.
• The willingness and ability to work from a remote location as needed (such as the candidate’s home) is required.
• All other duties as assigned.
Institutional Advancement Support
• Support donor development outreach by the CEO, including scheduling visits or supporting presentation and proposal development.
• Support donor relations including cultivation, solicitation, stewardship activities and donor acknowledgements.
• Input and management of donor database.
• Assist with donor/prospect research and occasional data analysis in support of Institutional Advancement.
• Coordinate with Advancement Team on proper arrangements sent to various constituencies for special and solemn occasions.
• Support the Board of Trustees and attend Board Committee meetings; schedule the annual calendar; manage electronic and in-person set up for meetings; draft and disseminate agendas, minutes, and other meeting materials; prepare PowerPoint presentations; provide refreshments; manage meeting invitations and RSVP lists; and support the CEO to accomplish follow-up with Trustees and Board Committees.
• Maintain Board relationships and respond to requests for information.
• Support the Governance Committee including preparing for annual New Trustee Orientation, maintaining Trustee recruitment database and committee calendar as well as biographies, terms, and qualifications of the Trustees.
• Keep the Board of Trustees lists in print and online up to date and accurate.
• Prepare the business presentation and logistics for the Annual Meeting. Work closely with CDO and Advancement Team for collaborative efforts for Annual Meeting programming.
The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison’s position is salaried and exempt from overtime. The standard work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday. However, the schedule may be flexible to suit the needs of the organization and may at times involve weekend or evening hours. While the work is generally performed inside, the Executive Assistant and Board Liaison may be asked to assist with event management in outdoor roles.
• Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, stand, and walk for extended periods of time and to navigate uneven grounds and stairs.
• Must be able to work with appropriate computer and communications equipment.
Note: Duties described above, other duties and physical demands have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• 3-5 years of administrative support experience; Development experience highly desirable.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under pressure, including the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Basic knowledge of database operations and comfort with donor interaction.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills: detail-oriented and ability to follow through.
• Interest in Tower Hill’s mission.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com