Landscape Specialist/Supervisor is a lead position with responsibilities for direct supervision of landscape crew members, ensuring attractive and safe grounds; performing a variety of special grounds maintenance operations; and maintaining grounds for functions, events and/or activities.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
• Assist in scheduling daily tasks to crew members and to ensure completion of work in a timely manner.
• Train crew members in company policies, expectations, and safety procedures.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with our clients.
Garden/ Turf Maintenance
• Oversee maintenance of specialty gardens including green roofs.
• Order and install plants, annuals and bulbs as needed.
Tools/ Equipment Maintenance
• Place orders for replacement tools and equipment, as needed.
• Maintain landscape vehicles, tools, and equipment.
• Manage and oversee snow removal during winter months.
• Collect and report on snow data during the winter months.
• Required Qualifications Associate’s Degree or Certificate in landscaping related field.
• Minimum of three years experience in managing landscape maintenance crews.
• Extensive knowledge of plant material, including annuals and turf maintenance.
• Extensive knowledge of maintenance techniques: hand trimming, pruning, general plant
care, and installation and maintenance of annuals, including bulbs.
• Knowledge of specialty gardens, including green roofs.
• General Knowledge of Irrigation Management.
• Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
o Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and
o Effective verbal (English & Spanish) and written communication.
o Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Required language(s)
• Chemical applicator license preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of irrigation control/ smart systems
*Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.