Pay scale & grade GS 11
Salary $72,750 to $94,581 per year
This position is located at the U.S. Botanic Garden (USBG) in Learning and Engagement Division. The selectee will be responsible for coordinating all USBG special events held at the Conservatory, including congressional, AOC and USBG events and official government functions.
The individual selected for this position independently communicates and ensures that all event protocols are followed by event organizers and vendors and that adequate staffing is maintained at events; Acts as liaison with a number of government and non-government organizations such as the U.S. Capitol Police, The National Fund for the USBG and various other organizations; and serves as a member of the visitor services team monitoring day-to-day activities and communications with visitors.
- Develops a long-range calendar of events and coordinates with appropriate agency and/or outside contacts for site and room assignments.
- Identifies necessary logistical requirements, develops an event checklist including deadlines and ensures that all requirements are met;
- Makes arrangements to meet logistical needs, including scheduling/coordination of event spaces, site set-up, decorations, audio/visual equipment including light and sound equipment, food and beverage services, signage, security and accessibility services; Contacts vendors and/or service providers and determines services available.
- Schedules USBG event space through the interaction with outsourced providers and Congressional offices.
- Coordinates USBG participation in events in other congressional buildings.
- Schedules, designs, plans and makes arrangements for events that require the development of new event plans to support food service-related and other special activities in the USBG; Coordinates the event communication plans.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes event evaluation information to determine improvements for future events.
- Plans and conducts pre-event meetings, pre-event site inspections and post-event meetings with the necessary parties.
- Makes arrangements for special events held at the USBG such as receptions, ceremonies, programs, employee appreciation events, AOC and USBG events and other functions.
- Coordinates space planning, guest lists, seating arrangements, menus, food service, vendors and contractors, security, equipment set-up and cleaning.
- Represents the USBG in planning meetings with high level clients to determine site layout and other logistical requirements.
- Explains policies and procedures for the use of USBG facilities to prospective users, support staff and vendors; Monitors and ensures compliance with requirements and rules
- Participates with other visitor services team members to manage day-to-day activity, exhibit upkeep and communications for public facing experiences throughout the Garden.
- Carries out public relations tasks to develop and maintain relationships with parties in government, private industry and academic institutions; Participates in the development of public information materials related to planned events.
- Serves as Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) to ensure accurate and adequate oversight of contractor performance according to contract requirements; Performs timely inspections to ensure compliance with job specifications, quality, timeliness and budget authorizations.
- Reviews completed work, evaluates quality and recommends acceptance or rejection of completed work to the Contracting Officer prior to any payment.
Conditions of Employment:
You must be a U.S. Citizen.
You must be able to pass a drug test.
Your resume and question responses must demonstrate the job-related KSAs.
You must meet the definition of specialized experience.
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614446600 or
Announcement number: USBG-2021-278