Tower Hill Botanic Garden’s mission is to inspire the use and appreciation of horticulture to improve lives, enrich communities and strengthen commitment to the natural world. Our core values are Learning, Stewardship, Sustainability, Inclusivity, Joy and Excellence. Tower Hill Botanic Garden believes that diversity in nature promotes healthy ecosystems and a contributes to a vigorous garden. Similarly, we believe that diversity among our staff promotes a healthy work environment and a vigorous organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Tower Hill is an equal opportunity employer.
Working with the Director of Institutional Advancement and Manager of Major Gifts, the Development Manager is responsible for the expansion of the financial foundation of the Worcester County Horticultural Society. Particular focus for the Development Manager is on the raising of annual unrestricted support for operations.
• Manages the Annual Fund, including the development of periodic print and electronic fundraising appeals. This position is responsible for monitoring and implementing all activities related to appeals, including working with outside vendors and consultants. Identify trends, track performance, and recommend strategies and tactics as appropriate.
• Manages and implements development-related events, including an annual fundraising gala, John Green Society events, and other donor gatherings.
• Manages business partnership and sponsorship outreach. Work with Advancement staff and volunteers to coordinate corporate outreach; develop collateral materials; ensure fulfillment of benefits, recognition, and stewardship for corporate partners.
• Working with the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Manager of Major Gifts, The Development Manager assists with the identification of prospects and with the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the donor base. Assists with the management of prospect data and the recording of donor actions in the Raiser’s Edge database.
• Supports the commemorative giving program at Tower Hill. This involves communicating and touring with prospects, and soliciting donations for memorial dedications (ie. trees and benches), as well as assisting with any events associated with commemorations.
• Supports the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Development Committee in the implementation of any fundraising campaigns. Collaborate with other staff, as appropriate, on development and membership activities undertaken within the Advancement Department.
• Participates in the development and oversight of departmental budgets and workplans.
• As appropriate, participate in the supervision of Advancement support staff.
• Other projects or tasks, as assigned.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors to support fundraising events as needed.
• Must be able to navigate uneven grounds and stairs evenly.
• Must be able to work with appropriate computer and communications equipment.
Note: Duties described above, other duties and physical demands have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• A minimum of three years experience with fundraising in a non-profit environment (. Preference will be given for experience with annual appeals, events, and corporate engagement.
• Demonstrated personal success in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors (both individual and institutional).
• Knowledge of best practices and trends in non-profit fundraising, most particularly in the area of annual fundraising. Experience with financial management and marketing is desirable.
• Experience in using and managing data in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM, and proficiency with standard productivity software, such as Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong relationship builder capable of interacting in a professional manner with donors, volunteers, and support staff, and proven expertise working effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of constituents.
• Effective and persuasive communication skills.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com