The Assistant Nursery Sales Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing on-line plant orders as well as maintaining nursery inventories and our plant information database. TPF is seeking an energetic individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who enjoys working with a team. A strong level of comfort with using technology, including Database systems, online inventories, and e-commerce platforms is a must. In addition to managing inventories and online sales, the Assistant Nursery Sales Manager assists in direct customer service duties as well as help in preparing the sales yard for incoming plants, labeling plants and moving them into the sales yard each week, and pulling plant orders for will-call customers and off-site TPF events. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Nursery Sales Manager.
• Manage online inventories and update sale items on a regular basis
• Oversee fulfillment of e-store plant purchases and returns
• Track production inventories in coordination with the Production staff
• Oversee nursery labelling and database management
• See to in-store customer service needs
• Proficiency in CA native plant horticulture – knowing and being able to quickly learn botanical names and their horticultural uses/values is a critical component of success in this position.
• High level of organization - must be able to manage a diverse and complex system with constant fluctuations
• Technological abilities - must be able to problem solve technology based issues encountered via both our POS, E-store, and Database systems. Must be proficient Microsoft office apps, particularly Excel and Access
• Commitment to Quality - ability to commit to personal high-quality workmanship and behavior in all facets of nursery sales, as well as team interpersonal relationships.
• Attention to Detail – ability to attend to details at the level necessary for successful completion of the work to established standards. Ability to adjust level of attention required in order to maximize productivity.
• Communication – ability to relay and address issues as they arise and keep supervisors informed about work progress
• Customer service – must be able to interact with customers on a regular basis, providing excellent customer care and attention
• Visual acuity sufficient to gauge plant health, insects, disease, as well as read labels, written instruction, and documentation.
• Ability to tolerate working outside during cold, wet, winter as well during hot summer conditions, lift and carry 35 lbs., move plants, pull, load and unload carts on a regular basis
SCHEDULE: Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
• Vacation/Sick/Holiday paid time off
• Health and Dental Coverage
• Staff discount
Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the subject heading of: Assistant Nursery Sales Manager