Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Natural Lands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position at Stoneleigh: a natural garden in Villanova, Pennsylvania. A seasonal Guest Relations Representative is sought to deliver an inspiring, informed, inclusive and safe experience for guests, by leading tours and assisting with events and educational programs. The Guest Relations Representative (GRR) will welcome weekend guests as they enter the garden and assist in planning their time on-site. They will serve as the primary point of contact for guests’ questions and concerns and will complete daily opening and closing activities of the welcome kiosk, ensuring that all guests have left the garden at the end of the day.
The Guest Relations Representative is expected to work roughly one third of the weekends from mid-March to mid-November from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
• Guest relations experience in a public setting such as a garden, museum, zoo, etc., or similar experience in interacting with the public.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Knowledge/Experience with horticulture, land management, landscape history, native plants, etc. is a plus, though not required.
• Enthusiasm for being outdoors. A passion for Natural Land’s mission and a strong desire to forge lasting relationships that support that mission.
• An engaging personality and even temperament under pressure. Previous training in conflict de-escalation and/or familiarity with Leave No Trace will be helpful.
• Training specific to this position will be provided. Must be able to successfully complete all required training.
• Professional appearance and manner. Some Natural Lands attire will be provided.
• The ability to report to work on time.
TO APPLY: visit our website at www.natlands.org/everything-else/job-opportunities/
and complete the online application process. Please address all applications to Jeni Albany, Director of Human Resources.