San Diego Botanic Garden has an opening for one full-time Gardener. This positon requires weekend availability and occasional evening shifts with an hourly rate beginning at $15.00. The incumbent will report to the Horticulture Manager. This position is responsible for performing activities related to the care and maintenance of the gardens, landscape and grounds.
• Perform all needed horticultural activities, including but not limited to: planting, pruning, fertilizing, watering, weeding, mulching, and pesticide applications, pest control and garden cleanup.
• Operate and maintain hand tools, power tools (chain saw, blower, lawnmower, and string trimmer), electric carts, tractors and other equipment.
• Assist with the maintenance and installation of irrigation systems.
• Assist with the care and maintenance of plants in the Garden nursery.
• Assist in the setup and take down of tables, chairs, and other equipment for classes, workshops, meetings and events, as needed.
• Assist with other SDBG activities and tasks when needed.
• Possess a general knowledge of plants and their culture.
• Ability to be a team player and work well with other staff and volunteers.
• Ability to be courteous and helpful to all garden visitors, at all times.
• College-level course work in horticulture and allied fields is preferred
To apply for an open position, please forward resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.