Red Butte Garden is seeking an Administrative Assistant and Registrar for the Programs Department. This position will provide complex administrative support for department directors, management, and leads. Responsibilities include administrative support for the programs department including Adult, Youth and Family, and School Programs such as: reservations, registrations, and scheduling, data collection and organization, communications and community building, event planning and assistance, welcoming and orienting program participants, purchasing, university financial processes assistance, materials assembly, inventory, checkout, scheduling, and management, website updates, university vehicle coordination, and assisting in travel arrangements among other tasks as assigned
· Provide administrative support to multiple programs and leads
· Materials assembly, organization, inventory, checkout, and management
· Reservations, registration, and scheduling of multiple programs
· Purchasing and university financial processes
· Travel arrangements and scheduling
· Communicate and assist a variety of community members across multiple programs
· Accurate data collection, processing, and organization across multiple programs
· Coordination and transport of university vehicles
· Community building and maintenance of established relationships
· Implement website updates
· Assists in welcoming scheduled school busses
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and to analyze and make decisions. Strong coordination and organizational skills required. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize conflicting deadlines and juggle multiple projects and programs. Demonstrated communication and community building skills. An interest in plants demonstrated either by education or past employment. Demonstrated ability in organizing data and Excel. Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple schedules accurately. Demonstrated experience in purchasing and financial processes. Demonstrated ability to research and arrange for travel. Must be flexible and a team player. Some travel is required. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Ability to drive truck/state vehicle.
Visit https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/119601, select Apply for this Job