The Data Entry and Advancement Coordinator is responsible for performing all tasks necessary for a database system that supports a dynamic advancement office at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden. Duties include entering and maintaining member and donor records and posting revenue in the Altru database (a Blackbaud product), as well as generating various reports and managing mailings. This position involves contact by telephone and in person with members, donors, trustees and overseers, and Garden staff at all levels and assisting with 15 membership and donor events each year. The approximate allocation of time is 75% to membership and 25% to fundraising, with the majority of daily time dedicated to data entry and processing.
• Supports the membership program by processing new memberships; entering and maintaining member data; mailing new, renewal and lapsed member letters, producing reports and fielding queries.
• Supports all fundraising programs by maintaining donor records, mailing lists, queries, merges, reports and other support materials as needed.
• Processes all member and donor revenue, gifts-in-kind and pledge information by timely posting to constituents’ Altru accounts.
• Keeps entire database constituent records accurate and up-to-date.
• Enters major donor contact reports and updates prospect plans.
• Prepares standard and special request acknowledgement letters, within 72 hours of receipt.
• Deals discreetly with large amounts of sensitive and confidential information concerning Advancement.
• Updates member and donor thank you letters and acknowledgements on a regular basis.
• Prepares weekly gift and membership reports for the Advancement staff and produces monthly reports for leadership review.
• Prepares numerous standard reports (e.g., transmittal reports, mailings lists).
• Answers phones for the Advancement office and directs queries as appropriate.
• Assists with special events and meetings, including the scheduling, logistics, invitations, registration, set up and clean up.
• Tracks and reports attendance for all Advancement events. Inputs appropriate special event information into database records.
• Participates in the coordination and oversight of membership volunteers.
• Assists with website updates as needed.
• Writes and schedules social media posts for Advancement.
• Orders and maintains office supplies.
• Performs filing, scanning, copying and other clerical duties as assigned.
• Undertakes other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree or higher preferred.
• Minimum three-year recent database experience required with a strong aptitude for detail, an interest in working with databases and a well-developed understanding of databases systems including report design and queries.
• Must have outstanding attention to detail, as well as accuracy, memorization and recall skills. Must be a highly motivated self-starter, quick learner and have the ability to use judgment to identify and solve problems.
• Must have flexibility to adapt to change, the ability to plan and organize workload, recognize and set priorities, and function effectively under pressure.
• Position requires competency in math and proficiency in both Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of donor database products strongly preferred, ideally Blackbaud products/Altru.
• Must be able to use proper business English and protocol in dealing with donors and the public, and must assure discreet and confidential handling of all donor records.
Qualified candidates please email, fax or mail resume and letter of interest to:
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Attention: Human Resources
1500 N College Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (909) 626-3489