Pittsburgh Botanic Garden (PBG) is a unique cultural amenity for the city built upon 460 acres of reclaimed mine land that Inspires People to Grow. The Garden features inspirational display gardens, horticultural and environmental education, and research into regional botanical, ecological remediation, and conservation issues. The Garden is committed to taking a leadership role in the stewardship of the natural world and preserving healthy ecosystems. For more information, please visit us at www.pittsburghbotanicgarden.org
The Events Manager is responsible for generating private event revenue from sales through various outreach channels. This position assists in developing marketing campaigns for private events held at the Garden. The position reports to the Events and Guest Relations Director and supervises the event staff. This role will interface with clients, caterers, rental companies, volunteers, staff and vendors. The Events Manager will coordinate event set-up and the general upkeep of rental facilities.
This is a regular full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Exceed quarterly rental revenue targets set forth by direct report, and prepare and provide required reports to direct report including private events revenue reports, profit and loss statements, sales recaps, and departmental projections.
• Build relationships with corporations to promote repeat business.
• Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations, and groups.
• Provide superior and professional customer service to all potential and existing clients.
• Respond to all new inquiries, scheduling appointments to tour clients through rental space
• Convey consistent policy and procedures of space rental to all clients and vendors.
• Interface and foster relationships with caterers, rental companies and other vendors
• Work with all contracted clients to ensure that timelines are met. Process and track all private event payments and licensing fee payments, review all Certificates of Insurance and confirm all contracts are accurate and complete.
• Ensure that the event space is clean and prepared before each rental.
• Set up décor and cookie tables when contracted to do so by client
• Research, analyze, and assist in developing special event profit-generating opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned, including working with other departments to develop and promote future programs that will benefit the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden’s long-term goals.
• Generate and post content to events Instagram account, monitoring and responding to comments
• Upkeep all inquiry platforms including but not limited to: The Knot, WeddingWire, Here Comes the Guide, etc.
• Maintain all private event packages with current information and pricing
• Maintain detailed records of all vendors, timelines, and general notes for each event to ensure accuracy in execution on event day
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training.
• Expertise in planning, budgeting, and marketing.
• Must be extremely detailed and well-organized
• Maintain professionalism in both written and verbal communication
• Must be versed in Excel, ability to learn Altru system, and basic A/V knowledge
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and venue rentals.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate strong people skills, effective management and a positive work environment
• Clearance of required background checks (Child Abuse Clearance; PA State Police Background Check; Fingerprint Background Check, PA valid driver’s license)
• RAMP Certified or can become certified
• Able to trouble shoot facility issues as they occur
• Flexible hours will be required for Garden related functions and holidays, weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
• The position will include pay for holidays, vacation, and sick time.
• Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and work in all weather conditions.
Email submissions only. Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to email@example.com. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with the applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email text, but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls, please.
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.