Pier55, a non-profit park and arts organization located in Hudson River Park and slated to open in May, 2021, seeks an experienced Director of Park Operations to join the team. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of park operations, experience managing public space and the entrepreneurialism to spearhead the creation and implementation of a high-quality maintenance plan for this unique, 2.4-acre park.
• In conjunction with the Director of Operations and Finance, build a comprehensive Maintenance and Operations plan that includes custodial and janitorial services, maintenance and repairs, security, safety, equipment/materials selection, storage and operational systems.
• With a keen commitment to Pier55’s organizational mission, develop and oversee a staffing plan, work flow, timeline, and budget that support superb maintenance standards, and a positive, safe, flexible and sustainable work environment.
• Partner with the Horticulture Department to lead a diverse field-based staff of full-time and seasonal employees as well as contractors. Serve as an active, visible presence in the park.
• Liaise with the design and construction teams to ensure an effective and clean handoff of the physical plant upon substantial completion
• Spearhead the development of security and safety protocols and act as a liaison for all related matters with community organizations and local precincts.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-7 years of experience in a hands-on, field-based supervisory role (preferably with a park or other outdoor venue-NYC local a plus)
• Familiarity with OSHA guidelines and industry safety and security standards
• The ability to occasionally work weekends and hours outside of normal business during busy season
• Strong organizational, management and communication skills with a keen eye for detail
• A passion for parks, public spaces and their role in local communities
• A positive, can-do attitude and sense of fun
• Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
• 15 days vacation, 5 sick, 3 personal days
• Medical, dental & vision care
• Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
Pier55 is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The application deadline for this position is June 10th, 2019.