About Neighborhood Gardens Trust
The Neighborhood Gardens Trust (NGT) secures, protects, and supports community gardens and shared open spaces to enhance the quality of life in Philadelphia neighborhoods. NGT has an overarching commitment to creating a more equitable, healthy, and sustainable city. NGT currently owns and leases nearly 50 gardens and open spaces across Philadelphia, with the goal of preserving 70 gardens by 2022. NGT is an independent 501(c)3 organization that was founded in 1986. NGT positions are administered through the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society. (www.ngtrust.org)
The NGT Digital Communications Manager Temporary Position reports to the NGT Executive Director and works to elevate NGT’s mission, visibility and to raise public awareness of our work to preserve community gardens through strategic communications. This position will communicate via social media and e-newsletters to draw support to NGT’s mission. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to specific audiences through the best distribution channels is important.
● Works closely with NGT’s Executive Director to build an active, engaged, and growing community of interest and support.
● Manages NGT’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
● Establishes schedule, develops content, executes, and evaluates an October crowdfunding campaign using CrowdRise platform.
● Creates and curates additional content for e-newsletters, website and social media.
● Explores additional opportunities to increase NGT’s communications and engagement.
● Steps in to support additional internal and external communications as needed.
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience of 3+ years
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated experience on social media management and content creation.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Ability to work from home and/or in open office environment (pending return to office)
TO APPLY: Only candidates who apply via our Careers Page will be considered: https://phsonline.org/careers/open-positions