Myriad Botanical Gardens is the award-winning 15-acre botanical garden in downtown Oklahoma City.
The site contains ornamental gardens, a Great Lawn and Band shell, Children’s Garden, Lake with terraced gardens, water features and seasonal horticultural displays including a spring bulb and holiday displays.
The centerpiece of the Gardens is the Crystal Bridge Conservatory with over 13,000 sq. ft. of display space displaying a collection of tropical and desert plants. The Conservatory is currently closed for renovations. It will re-open in late 2022 along with a new gift shop and educational classroom.
The Gardens’ mission is to create a first-rate botanical garden with quality horticultural education programs and special events that make the Gardens a vibrant year-round destination for all.
Provides leadership and direction for the Myriad Gardens Foundation’s individual, corporate, foundation and membership fundraising efforts to support Myriad Botanical Gardens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the Foundation’s annual fund, corporate sponsorships, grants, membership and donor cultivation and stewardship
• Works closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and management staff to identify, solicit, acknowledge and steward private, foundation and corporate donors.
• Works with a board and staff committee to plan and present a biennial gala fundraising event and a biennial luncheon fundraiser, The Art of Flowers
• Evaluates and strengthens the Foundation’s existing fundraising efforts in order to achieve revenue goals, including the establishment of institutional metrics
• Provides direction to and supervision of the Gardens’ membership program and retention efforts, annual fund initiatives, print materials along with stewardship and cultivation events
• Assists with the completion of the current A Conservatory Reimagined capital campaign
• Develops and monitors the development department structure in order to accomplish annual and long-range goals. Ensure accurate maintenance of donor database and other development department records including donor gift acknowledgements
• Works with Executive Director and management team to identify sponsorship and funding opportunities to support the Foundation’s mission-driven programs and plant collections
• Engages a cross-departmental team to support the Foundation’s fundraising goals through consistent messaging, branding, positive donor engagement and acknowledgement
• Develops and maintains and promotes positive and professional relationships with donors, internal staff, volunteers, members, vendors, media and general public
• Prepares monthly fundraising report to present at community board meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required
• Adheres to Foundation Policy and Procedures.
• Acts as a role model within and outside the Foundation.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
• Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load.
• Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
• Meets Department productivity standards.
The employee will work in both an office and botanical gardens environment. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; some time may be spent outside in various weather conditions.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods.
• Must be able to bend, stoop and lift on occasions.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Must be able to walk from office building to Garden facility.
This full time, exempt position is eligible for health, dental, life insurance, vision, short term and long-term disability, critical illness, voluntary life, accident coverage, 403(b), paid time off, and paid holidays.
• Directly supervises Membership Manager, Grant Coordinator and Development Records and Support Coordinator positions. Coach and motivate staff for continual improvement in their skills and job performance
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities within organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance evaluations, rewarding and coaching employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of five years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, with proven track record for raising significant funds from private gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants and in-kind donations
• Experience in a public garden, museum or other cultural nonprofit organization is a plus
• Proven ability to manage, coach and motivate staff and volunteers
• Donor database management experience as well as Word, Excel and Power Point programs
• Excellent writing and verbal communications with a wide diversity of audiences and stakeholders
• Detailed oriented and highly organized
• Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with the public, staff at all levels, board members and donors in a personable and professional manner
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
• Certificate in Nonprofit Management and/or Fundraising is a plus
Additional Job Requirements
• Clearance of background check.
Please email resume to Careers@myriadgardens.org. You will be contacted only if considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employer does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.