The Oregon Garden is an 80-acre botanical garden dedicated to sharing the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with all visitors. We are seeking a motivated, well-organized and independent Volunteer Coordinator to oversee the operation of our volunteer program. The right candidate will be a people person who is able to multi-task and problem solve in order to meet the needs of our organization.
This position is part-time (20 hours) Monday through Friday with the potential for flexible hours. Will require occasional evening or weekend work to accommodate special events. May require occasional local travel. Benefits include vacation and sick time, membership to The Oregon Garden and discounts at The Oregon Garden Resort, Garden View Restaurant and Moonstone Spa. Note that health insurance is not available to part-time employees. Please be sure to submit both resume and cover letter in order for your application to be considered.
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Recruit, place and retain volunteers by using existing and developing new recruitment strategies, interview processes, benefits programs and more.
- Work closely with other departments to assess and meet volunteer needs in areas including horticulture, guest services, events and special projects.
- Advocate the role and importance of volunteers to staff members, celebrate and recognize volunteers through awards and events.
- Ensure adequate supplies for various volunteer positions and departments such as shirts, nametags, gloves, etc.
- Work with the marketing team to produce newsletters, collateral and keep website up-to-date to keep existing and potential volunteers informed.
- Produce and work within an annual budget, including accurately tracking expenses.
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer records and hours in database.
- Two years volunteer coordinating or related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Comfortable frequently communicating by phone, e-mail and in person.
- Skilled in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication.
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge, Volgisitics or related software a plus.
Please send cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Volunteer Coordinator.