The Oregon Garden is a beautiful 120-acre botanical garden located in Silverton, Oregon. We are seeking a part-time Horticulturist to join our close-knit team and help with ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of our 20+ specialty display gardens and natural areas. Under the general direction of the Botanical Curator, the Horticulturist shall assist and support all aspects of horticultural operations of The Oregon Garden.
This position is part time (20 hours per week) with opportunity to grow to full time for the right candidate. Schedule to be determined by candidate's availability and Garden needs. Schedule may on occasion include holidays.
Part time Garden staff receive sick pay, discounts at our Gift Shop and Café and Membership to The Oregon Garden. Please respond including your resume and a brief statement describing your experience and desire to work with The Oregon Garden.
Salary: $15.00 - $16.00 / hr DOE
- Assist in the horticultural maintenance and planned enhancements of The Oregon Garden.
- Tasks may include weeding, pruning, planting, application of pesticides, fertilizer and mulch.
- Assist in the maintenance and storing of equipment and tools to maximize longevity, and conduct maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of Garden water features and irrigation system.
- Work alongside and direct horticulture volunteers when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years horticulture or related experience preferred.
- Familiarity with light and heavy equipment including mowers, blowers, pressure washer, etc.
- Familiarity with water feature and irrigation systems a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand, crouch, kneel, etc for extended periods of time.
Please send a copy of your resume and briefly describe your interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org