- Visitor Services
Olbrich Botanical Gardens is a beloved institution and renowned public garden, regionally respected and nationally recognized. Olbrich is relying on its first Director of Guest Experience to take the Gardens to the next level. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader that is compassionate, charismatic, well-spoken, and has exceptional interpersonal skills.
This is responsible supervisory and professional work in development, planning, and management of guest and volunteer services at Olbrich Botanical Gardens within the City Parks Division. This position involves promoting the goals and objectives of Olbrich Botanical Gardens; interfacing with 340,000 plus annual guests, members of the tourism industry, community representatives, rental clients, and volunteers to ensure the Gardens are a place for all to visit and enjoy. The work involves creating, organizing, implementing, overseeing, and leading new (or continuing) guest services, volunteer program, facility rentals, tram tours, and retail gift shop operation. This work, under the general supervision of the Garden Director, is characterized by independent judgment and discretion in planning for and directing guest services consistent with established programmatic objectives and applicable Parks Division policies.
The Director of Guest Experience will…
• Have the vision and ability to develop and lead improved guest experience initiatives
• Have a demonstrated history of building, developing, and managing employee teams, and supporting staff morale
• Create a space and supporting policies that position Olbrich as a “garden for all”
• Activate the Museums for All program to provide equitable access to the Bolz Conservatory, public programs, and
• Maintain effective working relationships with user groups, the general public, co-workers, inter-governmental
• Play an active role in steering Olbrich Botanical Gardens into the future
• Demonstrate committment to Olbrich’s mission, vision, guiding principles, and inclusion statement through daily work
For more details visit https://www.olbrich.org/careers
Three (3) years of responsible leadership experience in directing varied recreation or large scale community programs (or similar service programs) that emphasize hospitality, programming, or volunteer coordination responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in recreation, parks administration, business, marketing, hospitality, museum studies, tourism, event planning, public relations, or a related field.
Four (4) years of experience applying the following:
Business administration or customer service theories, practices, procedures, and techniques pertinent to recreation and parks administration or museum studies.
Principles and practices of public service program planning.
Two (2) years of experience applying the following:
Best practices for excellent customer service and hospitality, including point of sale operations. Use of computer software applicable to the duties of the position.
To learn more visit: https://www.olbrich.org/careers
To apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/madisonwi/jobs/4039336-0/director...