The North Carolina Botanical Garden, which is a part of UNC Chapel Hill, is hiring a full-time Visitor Services & Volunteer Coordinator. This person serves as the first point of contact for all Garden visitors, and therefore plays a critical role in the success of the Garden. This role is responsible for ensuring positive visitor services functions as well as all aspects of the volunteer experience. This position manages visitor services functions (including managing front desk and outdoor greeter operations) and provides a welcoming environment and excellent customer service to visitors. This person is also responsible for maintaining volunteers by serving as the administrator of all volunteer activities including; liaising with Garden staff to recruit, place, and process volunteers; organizing, developing and delivering training sessions; managing schedules in the volunteer management system; organizing and facilitating ongoing enrichment sessions; and routinely evaluating the overall effectiveness of volunteer-led programming.
The ideal candidate has the following preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration, education, business, humanities, or a related field. Some knowledge or interest in conservation or natural sciences. Minimum two years’ experience coordinating or managing volunteers. Experience working with audiences of diverse ages, ethnicities, experiences, and educational backgrounds. Demonstrated strength and experience in customer service skills.
See posting here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/193901
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensures high quality visitor experiences at the front desk by directing visitors, answering questions, and helping with any visitor issues that arise.
• Works as a part of the Visitor Experience team, supporting other visitor initiatives and administrative duties on occasion including support for events, shop tasks, and facility rentals.
• Coordinates logistical details at the front desk including phone calls, mail/deliveries, and coordinating with vendors and other UNC departments.
• Provides volunteers with a rewarding and satisfying volunteer experience.
• Identifies new volunteer opportunities, secures volunteers for unfilled opportunities, and generates and manages the volunteer schedule.
• Actively serves as the central point of contact for volunteers, answering questions, providing guidance, and funneling their inquiries to appropriate personnel.
• Prepares and submits volunteer hour reports for designated volunteer work groups.
• Plans and organizes volunteer recognition programs.
• Manages the volunteer application and interview process, including volunteer policies and orientation.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration, education, business, humanities, or related field required. Some knowledge or interest in natural sciences preferred. Minimum two years’ experience coordinating or managing volunteers. Experience working with audiences of diverse ages, ethnicities, experiences, and educational backgrounds. Demonstrated strength and experience in customer service skills. An equivalent combination of skills, education and experience may be considered.
Apply here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/193901