As part of the visitor experience, two retail shops will offer seasonal gifts and local arts and crafts as well as merchandise reflecting the Arboretum’s mission in connecting people with plants. Other shops will be located in the gardens to sell hot chocolate and snacks.
The retail associate will be responsible for:
- sales of merchandise using a point of sale system;
- restocking merchandise;
- answering customer questions concerning merchandise and Winter Lights exhibit; and,
- providing excellent customer service.
This position is part-time, up to 30-35 hours per week during the run of Winter Lights. The light show will be held from Friday, November 22, 2019, through Saturday, January 4, 2010.
Weekends, evenings and holidays are required.
Key skills required for the position include:
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays during the run of Winter Lights (November 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020);
- Ability to accurately make change;
- Ability to run a point of sale system;
- Ability to handle credit card transactions;
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures;
- Ability to effectively interact with customers; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional communication skills.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have graduated from high school (or equivalent) with 2 years customer service work experience.
Pay will be $14 per hour with no benefits.
Applications must be submitted online at https://uncgacareers.northcarolina.edu/postings/70224