The Marketing Content Specialist will work within the public engagement department of The North Carolina Arboretum
Under the supervision of the Marketing & PR Manager, the specialist will assist with social media, content and collateral development, advertising and media buy placements and digital marketing. Specific responsibilities will include assisting with:
• Digital communications, including social media content development, blog writing, website maintenance, photography, video marketing and e-mail communications.
• Coordinate with paid advertising campaigns, including collecting media kits, budgets, managing deadlines and analytics.
• Collateral development, including copy writing, coordination with graphic designs and printers and project management.
• Promotion of Arboretum exhibits, special events and Winter Lights holiday light show.
This role will be approximately 20 hours per week. Pay is $15 per hour.
• Graduation from a two-year technical college or four-year college or university with a focus in marketing, communications or English. Related experience may be substituted for required education.
• Has a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Has some knowledge in social media marketing and digital/web communications.
• Ability to think critically and analyze data.
• Knowledge of professional photography/videography preferred, but not required.
Applications must be submitted online at https://uncgacareers.northcarolina.edu/postings/70234