This is a permanent, hourly, non-exempt, part-time position. The standard work schedule for this position is 24 hours per week, including weekends and/or evenings, as determined by the needs of the programs and events calendar. All employees must be fully vaccinated (verification required) or be approved by Tower Hill as exempt for medical or religious reasons.
NEBG at TH offers many programs and events throughout the year for adults and families. Under the direction of the Manager of Adult Education, and in cooperation with the Events Specialist, the Registrar and Weekend Programs Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the education department’s registration systems and serves as the primary contact for program participants. The Registrar and Weekend Programs Coordinator also coordinates programs and public events on weekends, providing critical support to the education staff members and contracted instructors who plan and implement these programs and events. As an important member of the education team, The Registrar and Weekend Program Coordinator will also assist with other departmental projects as needed.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues quickly and communicate the solutions to stakeholders.
• Ability to understand, appreciate and interact with people from different cultures or belief systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly in person, on the phone, and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and is an ambassador for New England Botanic Garden.
• Responsible, reliable, and punctual.
• Works with an awareness of surroundings and vigilant to any possible threat to the safety of staff and the public, or to NEBG at TH property. Ensures all concerns are reported promptly.
• Reports all accidents and injuries immediately to an immediate supervisor and/or Chief Financial & Operations Officer, or designee.
• Complies with provisions of the current Employee Handbook, all published personnel policies, and the requirements of the job description.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all seasons and weather conditions.
• Must be able to use standard communications equipment and office technology.
Note: Duties described above, other duties and physical demands have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEBG at TH fosters an inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and serve our visitors as well as the communities of Worcester County, Massachusetts, and New England.
• Create, upload, and update registration pages on the NEBG at TH website for programs and events.
• Provide exceptional customer service to individuals interested in programs and events by responding to emails, phone calls, and in-person inquiries from customers regarding program information, registration, and payment.
• Process all program and event cancellations and changes.
• Supervise volunteers who assist with posting programs.
• Collect and maintain program data and create monthly reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Weekend Programs Coordinator
• Serve as the primary support contact for weekend adult education programs and selected weekend events
• Oversee adult education room set-ups, print class rosters, set up equipment and supplies, and troubleshoot any issues that arise during class.
• Coordinate event logistics, including overseeing room set-ups, assisting vendors, exhibitors, and performers, supporting volunteers, and leading activities as needed.
• Communicate with other departments, including visitor services, facilities, and others, as needed throughout the day
• High School diploma or GED.
• One or more years of relevant administrative and customer service experience.
• Experience coordinating projects or events desirable.
• Comfortable using standard office technology.
Submit resume and letter of interest through following link