The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance duties for the Main House and supports the facilities of Mt. Cuba Center. This position will provide general maintenance and repairs utilizing basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills.
Please note this is a part time, non exempt position. A typical schedule includes working Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 hours per day. However, hours may vary due to business need.
Facilities Maintenance & Operational Support:
– Perform routine maintenance and repairs on buildings and systems such as minor carpentry, painting, gutter cleaning, equipment cleaning, changing light bulbs, seasonal adjustments, routine checks and utility readings
– Attend to plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repair and maintenance needs; Coordinate with and oversee outside vendors for extensive repairs
– Assist the Certified Water Operator by conducting routine water sampling and water quality analyses for chlorine residual, pH, nitrate testing or water quality parameter testing and entering that information into a log book.
– Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and appearance of Mt. Cuba Center facilities at all times
Support Guest and Organizational Programs:
– Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
– Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested. Contribute to MCC activities as required. Actively participate as a member of Mt. Cuba Center’s community
– A high school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience in facility maintenance
– Approved Sampler/Tester (certified through the Delaware Office of Drinking Water) or willingness to train for this credential upon acceptance of employment
– Methods and principles of general building maintenance
– Carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills and general knowledge base
– Ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and equipment
– Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
– Requires moderate physical work; Frequent standing bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds
Please apply directly via https://mtcubacenter.org/employment/