The Membership Specialist is directly responsible for managing the recruitment, acknowledgement, fulfillment of benefits, renewal, and stewardship of Mt. Cuba Center members. Working in cooperation with other departments, the Membership Specialist oversees a variety of membership projects including member events, digital campaigns, on-site membership sales, plus digital correspondence and website presence as it relates to communicating and cultivating members. S/he should have deep knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM and analytical skills to assess membership performance and identify means for growing the program and revenue and will serve as the organizational lead on constituent management and list health. Additionally, this role will serve as the primary point of contact for all neighbor-related communications and activities.
Develop & Implement Membership Program Strategies
Works with Marketing to conceive, plan and manage multi-channel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, and renewal of members. Helps set annual goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase membership base and revenue.
• Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members, including campaigns for member upgrades and regular solicitation of member feedback.
• Act as primary contact for MCC members by responding to member inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. Provide excellent customer service to the membership base and general public via telephone, email, mail, and in person. Coordinate customer service efforts, including answering questions, reconciling records, and processing membership requests as needed.
• Work with Guest Experience to ensure effective on-site membership sales, including staff training, membership materials, and promotions to encourage non-member prospects to join.
• Develop, coordinate, and run member events including behind-the-scenes experiences, member-only ticketed events, and other member events as necessary.
• Draft content for member newsletter and email marketing campaigns and promotions. Ensure brochures, cards, and other core membership materials are updated and printed in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate and analyze member surveys.
• Further devise ways to enhance member experience.
• Analyze and report on membership trends both within MCC and industry wide.
Membership Data Management & Evaluation
Serve as a lead staff person for MCC’s CRM data management and implementation of database best practices, with membership as a priority area of focus. Run CRM reports and track membership revenue and count on a regular basis, as well as other reports needed.
• Act as CRM lead for MCC and work closely with other departments to ensure CRM works effectively.
• Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks.
• Oversee CRM record management and data integrity, including timely migration of data, and develop segmentations to meet organizational needs.
• Develop reports to better gauge the constituent journey through MCC programs and assess impact.
Act as primary lead staff person for MCC’s neighbor communications and related activities, including but not limited to annual neighbor event, neighbor list management, and ongoing communication.
Program & Project Administration
• Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work.
• Work collaboratively with the management team on adopting and implementing organization-wide systems and help guide and execute the strategic goals of the institution to support Mt. Cuba Center’s mission.
• Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested. Contribute to MCC activities as required. Actively participate as a member of Mt. Cuba Center’s community.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, communication, hospitality, etc.) from an accredited college or university
• Minimum three years membership related experience – ideally in membership and/or development (acquisition, retention, and upgrades) as revenue streams
• Experience with CRM (data entry through reports), ticketing, and fundraising systems
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
• Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce and WordPress
• Strong customer services skills and ability to work with staff at all levels
• Fiscal responsibility including maintaining budgets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer software skills with proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
• Knowledge of Galaxy ticketing system preferred
• Discretion and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
• Exceptional project management skills and a positive attitude
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with staff, members, and guests
• Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
• Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
• Physical requirements include the ability to work within an office environment, but also in outdoor and garden spaces with uneven terrain. Ability to lift boxes holding marketing collateral materials weighing approximately 25 lbs.
Interested candidates should apply directly via https://mtcubacenter.org/employment/.