The Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Assistant support the Grounds Team in the overall maintenance of Mt. Cuba Center’s landscape, including woody and herbaceous plantings, lawns, woods, garden features, paths and roadways.
- Assist in maintaining the health and look of turf through mowing, fertilizing, watering, weed-eating, aerating, and applying compost and compost tea
- Assist in maintaining woody and herbaceous plantings through planting, weeding, pruning, mulching, and other horticultural activities
- Assist in maintaining roads, pathways, and parking areas through surface maintenance, renovations, and leaf, debris, and snow removal
- Support the Horticulture Department teams by assisting with the maintenance of trees, shrubs, and plants through pruning, planting, transplanting, fertilizing, watering, and weeding
- Assist the Grounds team in making regular repairs to maintain the fences, walls, garden furniture, drains, catch-basins, bridges, curbing, patios, terraces, courtyards, and other hardscape features
- Perform regular repair and servicing activities to maintain the good condition of tools and equipment
- Ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and small and large engine equipment
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- Requires strenuous physical work; Frequent standing, bending, twisting, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds.
Please apply directly to our website via: https://mtcubacenter.org/employment/