Provide support for The Morton Arboretum’s integrated marketing communications that attract and engage audiences and heighten brand awareness. Coordinate multichannel marketing plans and create brand-appropriate promotional copy for various marketing campaigns. Administrate data collection to measure the success of marketing efforts and facilitate paid social media advertising efforts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: it is necessary to operate a computer for prolonged periods on a daily basis, limited carrying and lifting (up to 25 lbs.), some local travel.
• Work Environment: Office environment. Work is performed primarily indoors, with some outdoors or offsite activity for public events.
• Equipment: General office equipment, digital camera, tablets, scanner.
• Schedule: Position may require occasional weekend or evening hours.
• Coordinate and implement promotional and integrated marketing plans for Arboretum exhibitions, events, and programs. Prepare creative briefs and content packages and partner with Design team for campaign creative development.
• Research competitors and other market factors, and assist with audience research and data collection to measure the success of Arboretum marketing efforts.
• Write, edit, and proofread effective, branded marketing copy, incorporating key messages and strategies, for use in all communication channels.
• Work in partnership with the Marketing and Communications Traffic Coordinator, as well as Design and Public Relations colleagues, to set priorities, monitor job progress by tracking schedules, communicate changes and job status, expedite requirements, track and meet budgets, and resolve scheduling conflicts and project problems.
• Use the project management system to track project planning, implementation, and results. Create and maintain updated project files.
• Coordinate promotional and community outreach efforts and provide marketing support to staff members who represent the Arboretum at community events.
• Facilitate the Arboretum’s paid social media advertising efforts in partnership with the Public Relations and Web teams.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field. 2+ years of relevant experience required, including marketing and advertising project management. Exceptional writing/editing/proofreading skills, and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously required. Working knowledge of marketing tactics and how to use them effectively required. Demonstrated skills in logical thinking, reasoning, and
problem-solving required. Advanced ability to create and update spreadsheets required. Familiarity with Google software, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, or similar programs, and key social media platforms.
Positive attitude with the ability to work to deadline, often under pressure. Curiosity about new communication channels and opportunities, as well as the social trends that inform them. Emphasis on teamwork and supporting others. Confident, comfortable public demeanor with strong verbal skills. Detail-oriented, flexible and self-directed. Ability to balance creative and strategic thinking, and sustain complex collaborations. Customer service oriented with the ability to relate effectively with persons internal and external to the Arboretum.
To apply, visit http://mortonarb.org/employment.
The Morton Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce.