Responsible for booking, and servicing event space for both internal and external audiences in support of department and institutional operational and financial goals. This includes management and coordination of the full cycle of an event to provide an exceptional guest experience.
• Ensure top-quality customer service to facility rental clients throughout entire sales cycle from initial inquiry through post event details. Respond promptly to telephone and email inquiries. Finalize all set-up related event details. Attend or monitor, as appropriate, room use functions to provide active support.
• Promote Arboretum space to external clients, conducting tours of facilities with potential customers and communicating options and benefits of Arboretum rentals.
• Prepare event agreements for the client's review and signature. Facilitate the receipt and processing of deposits and payments adhering to the Arboretum's PCI compliance guidelines
• Maintain a working knowledge of the catering food and beverage menus and wedding package options.
• Determine and communicate room use requirements for each function including time for advance set-up and post-function tear-down. Utilizing scheduling software, coordinate and monitor all aspects of the room use and facility rental calendar, with consideration for space holds, education class dates and times, holidays, peak season attendance weekends, and Arboretum promotional dates.
• Design, schedule and supervise room set-ups for optimal utilization, allowing sufficient time for set-ups and tear-downs for sequential events. Create room configuration diagram for clients and building services. Lead the scheduling and coordination of ancillary room use services, (e.g. cleaning, HVAC, audio-visual support, etc).
• Manage customers' catering and equipment rental contractor needs.
• Support Facility Rental Manager as needed to ensure rental events meet the highest standards.
• Provide guidance to part-time Facility Rental Assistant and Intern as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 2+ years professional experience in the hospitality industry preferred. Familiarity with standard catering concepts and knowledge preferred. Ability to use the Internet to conduct appropriate research and use email and calendar software programs required. Prior experience using scheduling software helpful. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required. Exercise excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues. Must have the ability to manage simultaneous events, work under time constraints, and occasionally work long hours, primarily standing during events. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with Google applications beneficial. Must possess a valid driver’s license, which is subject to insurability and an annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report, for travel between Arboretum locations, including off-site event locations. As representative of Arboretum, must present professional appearance when meeting with clients.
Personable, outgoing, and customer service-oriented individual who is able to relate effectively and build positive relationships with all constituents. Flexible, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven. Resourcefulness and ability to think quickly to manage last minute client requests is essential. Demonstrate a genuine interest in learning and promoting the subject matter of the Arboretum.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Combination of seated office work and standing and walking to show facilities. Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 30 lbs.).
• Work Environment: Fast-paced office environment and event locations (indoor and outdoor) around the Arboretum.
• Equipment: General office equipment, two-way radio, audio-visual equipment.
• Schedule: Regular work hours will include at least one weekend day and many evenings according to events schedule.
To apply, visit http://mortonarb.org/employment.
The Morton Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO