The Development Director’s purpose is to strategize and oversee all aspects of the Gardens’ fund-raising and “friend raising” efforts, including “Gatekeepers of the Garden”, the annual fund, underwriting for special events, major gifts/foundations, grant writing and to provide leadership to the Development and Planned Giving Committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strategize and oversee all development aspects of McKee Botanical Garden.
2. Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan to support the Garden including strategies and tactics for individual donors, foundations, corporations, sponsors and in-kind gifts.
3. Lead fundraising efforts including identification, cultivation, solicitation of prospects and acknowledgement/stewardship of donors and sponsors.
4. Create and provide monthly donor reports of solicitation efforts and results to the Executive Director and Development Committee.
5. Responsible for writing all grant applications.
6. Coordinate and implement two annual appeal campaigns.
7. Work hands-on developing and executing fundraising events, including but not limited to McKee’s major event, including donor solicitation, sponsorship and event execution.
8. Responsible for management of the highest level of Garden membership, the Gatekeeper of the Garden membership program - goals, recruitment, retention, marketing and benefits.
9. Recruit, strategize and oversee efforts of volunteer Development and Planned Giving committee.
10. Draft and implement plan to increase Garden endowment.
11. Build donor base by engaging new donors and ensure that all contributors, both monetary and in-kind, are acknowledged and stewardship continues past gift.
12. Responsible for management of membership program, including corporate –goals, recruitment, retention, marketing and benefits.
13. Ensure continuous and professional communication to Garden constituencies; produce articles for annual report, newsletters, monthly e-blasts to donors and write all letters on an annual basis.
14. Assist Executive Director in constituency development through high profile role in Garden and community-wide events.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree; 7 years development experience at the Director or other supervisory level; excellent communications and organizational skills; volunteer management; demonstrated commitment to mission. Proven success in a goal-driven nonprofit setting is required. Working knowledge of computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet (Excel) and database software (Raiser’s Edge); strong interpersonal skills; ability to accommodate flexible work schedule; knowledge of professional development strategies, standards and ethics.
Please email your resume to email@example.com