Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s mission is connecting people through plants to improve communities.
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, including the Lewis Ginter Nature Reserve, reveals the unity and integration of human and plant life, celebrates the fundamental significance of the natural world, and enriches communities through horticultural and educational excellence and innovative outreach activities.
Responsibility, Innovation, Integrity, Hospitality, and Inspiration
Founded in 1984, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is a nonprofit garden located in Richmond, Virginia’s Lakeside neighborhood. The Garden encompasses 82 acres, four lakes, 5,500 unique taxa of plants within 15 distinct outdoor gardens, 11 major buildings including a conservatory and greenhouse, plus an 80-acre branch site, the Lewis Ginter Nature Reserve. Annually, Lewis Ginter engages over 17,000 students in innovative and exciting educational programs. This cadre of identified learners is just a fraction of the more than 400,000 annual visitors to the Garden. In recent years, the Garden has been honored with inclusion in several top ten lists for botanical gardens in North America.
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees. We support the diversity and inclusion policy adopted by The American Public Gardens Association: to create an equitable, diverse and inclusive culture where the contributions of all community members are valued, respected and appreciated.
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Coordinator will provide financial, clerical and administrative support by ensuring the receipt of payments received from multiple revenue centers and the proper recording and posting are performed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. This role requires adherence to related internal controls, processes and procedures.
• Record and post multiple revenue center payments into the general ledger system from
varying software platforms and departments; to include cash, check, and credit card
• Reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure proper accounting and posting of all
• Verify account discrepancies by investigating and working with internal departments to
resolve and reconcile any irregularities.
• Generate and summarize cash receipt statements daily with appropriate documentation
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
• Examine credit card chargebacks and report to the appropriate revenue center.
• Maintain account receivable files and records.
• Assist in general financial management and analysis.
• Support other accounting and finance/administration team members.
• Protects the organization's' value by keeping all information confidential.
Preferred: Associate's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
Required: Minimum of three years in accounting/finance working role.
Skills and Abilities
• Previous experience and working knowledge with non-profit accounting software
• Familiarity with software platforms TAM, ActiveNet, and Raisers Edge/Blackbaud
• Experience and working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of accounting principles.
• Experience with general reconciliation processes.
• Self-manage workloads and initiate tasks.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail along with strong multi-tasking skills.
• Strong data entry skills.
• A desire and ability to work collaboratively with other team members and accomplish
• Strong communication skills with relevant experience using modern communication
systems, including e-mail and phone systems.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@lewisginter.org.