Mission and Values
Leach Garden Friends seeks an Administrative Assistant who will report to the Assistant Director and will assist with and be responsible for a variety of administrative functions. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented, responsible individual who exercises good judgment, is able to effectively juggle multiple tasks, and desires to work in a dynamic organization in growth mode.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a fluid working environment amid frequent disruptions
- Strong spelling, proofreading, grammar, writing, and data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software; donor database and accounting software experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff, visitors, Board, donors, partners, and volunteers
- Desire to be a part of a team and able to work cooperatively
- Flexibility, integrity, and highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality
Schedule and salary:
- 0.6 FTE Tuesday to Friday 8:30am to 3:00pm, $16 per hour
- Must be available for occasional weekends and evenings
- Oregon Saves account, generous vacation, sick leave and PTO.
- Membership in American Public Gardens Association
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Provide primary support to the Executive staff.
- Coordinate information needed for meetings.
- Receive, screen, route, and determine priorities of guests, phone calls, and general inquiry emails.
- Receive mail, record gifts received, and prepare and send acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Handle travel arrangements for senior leadership and any visiting guests.
- Maintain the shared contacts database, office calendar, and meeting invitations.
- Assist with donor records and files, run database reports, and assist with goals tracking.
- Maintain files and print and marketing materials inventory.
- Prepare meeting materials and minutes, including Board of Directors, some committees, and staff meetings.
- Assist with preparing materials for donor meetings.
- Order and stock supplies for the office and meetings.
- Assist with organization and implementation of special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact candidates who most closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.