Regular/ Full-Time/ $ 50,000 annually/paid vacation, sick leave and personal days off/ Oregon Saves retirement account/ flexible scheduling.
As the Garden and our organization grow in size and complexity, additional professional staff are needed. The Horticultural Manager will support the botanical and related educational elements of the Garden's mission, providing leadership for the horticultural team in creating and maintaining highly visible horticultural displays to drive year round attendance. This includes overseeing cultivation of plants from similar climates, particularly those threatened by habitat loss.
• Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the management team, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring that the organization meets its goals as a botanical garden. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
• The Horticultural Manager works closely with the Executive Director and other executive staff. This position supports the organizational vision through managing and implementing the planning, propagating and maintenance of the botanical collections, display beds, and natural spaces of the Garden.
• The Horticultural Manager helps ensure that systems and controls are in place to support effective and efficient management of the horticultural operations.
• The Horticultural Manager is responsible for working with the Executive Director and other executive staff to manage human resources, create program budgets, procedures and policies, and other tasks as assigned.
• All Leach Garden Friends employees are expected to carry out their duties in the context of the organizational values and with sensitivity to the community around us.