Leach Garden Friends seeks a Facilities Coordinator who will report to the Assistant Director and will be responsible for routine maintenance of the garden buildings and grounds. The ideal candidate has demonstrated keen observational skills and is a responsible individual who exercises good judgment.
Schedule and salary:
- 0.5 FTE variable, $15 per hour
- Must be available for weekends and evenings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work various hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Keen observational skills with the ability to anticipate and address needs in regard to the cleaning and care of facilities and equipment in the workplace
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a startup working environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff, visitors, Board, donors, partners, and volunteers
- Desire to be a part of a team and able to work cooperatively
- Flexibility, integrity, and highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. During special events the employee may be required to spend hours on their feet. The ability to use fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, control or feel objects. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, anything greater should be done with assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee’s work might require them to be outdoors in both hot and cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a facilities or events position
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact candidates who most closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.