Lauritzen Gardens is seeking a Guild Liaison. This position is PT and approximately 20 hours per week. This position reports directly to the Director of Development. If you are hard-working and dedicated, Lauritzen Gardens is a great place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for the Guild Liaison –
• Serve as the Liaison between the Guild volunteers, Garden Directors, vendors, and accounting staff to promote and execute Guild communications, appeals, and events.
• Work with Guild board of directors to increase membership and event revenue. Assist with managing the Guild budget.
• Coordinate Guild activities -which includes attending all meetings, assist with mailings, correspondence, contracts, event setup and marketing.
• Communicate effectively within the organization, with garden auxiliary groups, donors, and vendors.
• Work closely with the Director of Development to plan and complete department goals.
• Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, and on-site coordination, to post event follow up
• Order supplies needed for events and ensure items arrive in a timely fashion
• Assist in site and vendor selection and negotiating the best possible rates and terms
• Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee Garden Staff at events, assign duties, and provide general direction
• Conduct post-event data and strategic analysis to inform future events
• Plan and execute pre-event marketing
• Serve as Liaison between Guild volunteers and Antique Show volunteers.
Education and Experience Requirements –
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing, Business, or Communications, or related field.
• 2-3 years’ experience planning and executing events of varying sizes
• Ability to manage external vendor resources and relationships
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and duties
• Strong Microsoft Office skills