Supervisor: Development Administrative Manager Supervises: N/A
FLSA Salary Classification: On Call/Seasonal
Availability: Ability to work a flexible schedule, occasional extended work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
General Summary: The Guest Inquiry Representative will be the liaison between the Huntsville Botanical Garden and its guests and members supporting both our Guest Services and Programming departments. This position will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls and emails in order to assist with registrations for events and online ticket purchases.
• Answer calls and respond to emails
• Handle customer inquiries both over the phone and by email
• Research required information using available resources
• Manage and resolve customer issues
• Enter new customer information into CRM system
• Update existing customer information
• Assist customers with orders when needed
• Route calls to appropriate resource
• Follow up customer calls where necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• High level of professionalism
• Strong problem- solving abilities
• Previous experience in a customer support role
• Focus and adaptability to different personality types
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
• Outgoing and friendly personality
• Familiarity with CRM systems a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 10 lbs.). Work Environment: Fast-paced office environment. Work is primarily performed indoors with an occasional outdoors work for events. Equipment: General office equipment.
Job descriptions are guidelines that attempt to characterize major duties and responsibilities of employees, and are subject to change as needs and programs change. At Huntsville Botanical Garden they are considered neither inclusive nor exclusive. It is expected that up to 20% of your duties may change annually.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (256) 830-5314
Mail: Huntsville Botanical Garden,
4747 Bob Wallace Ave.,
Huntsville, AL 35805
Complete Employment Application (available at Guest Center Front Desk).
***All applications submitted must indicate the name of the position for which you are applying as well as your recent salary history and requirements. ***