Schedule: Flexible schedule with heavy emphasis on evening and weekend work. On Call / As Needed. Number of hours varies based upon seasonality of Event Calendar
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Sales Representatives and the Director of Facility Rental, the Event Lead is responsible for the successful execution of rental events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively interact with clients (internal & external), caterers, wedding planners, etc. ensuring excellent customer service and a top-quality experience with the Garden.
• Review and understand all event paperwork prior to shift to ensure seamless execution.
• Oversee vendor load-in and load out, including set-up; break down and cleanup of the event.
• Assist all event personnel, including the Garden’s maintenance, housekeeping and security staff.
• Assist in all areas to remain customer/client focused.
• Responsible for the completion of event paperwork, incident reports, and the handling of any other issues pertaining to vendors, the event, safety of individuals attending and the maintenance of the Garden facility from damage.
• Monitor event activities to ensure the client and event attendees are satisfied.
• Provide excellent customer service in meeting the needs and requests of clients
• Must be able to work and interact professionally with all levels of management and staff of the Garden.
• Must be able to work independently as well as on a team
• Demonstrate excellent leadership skills
• Organizational skills are essential
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively to change is essential
• A knack for problem solving
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to interact with the public and supervise event staff professionally
• Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to report to work on a changing schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to visitors, suppliers, clients, volunteers, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as adding and subtracting two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and measurements.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing and walking 90% of the time. Position routinely requires the ability to lift up to 40+ pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to loud.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (256) 830-5314
Mail: Huntsville Botanical Garden,
4747 Bob Wallace Ave.,
Huntsville, AL 35805
Complete Employment Application (available at Guest Center Front Desk).
***All applications submitted must indicate the name of the position for which you are applying as well as your recent salary history and requirements. ***