The Development & Communications Coordinator will implement an integrated fundraising and communications plan to broaden awareness of our programs and initiatives; successfully communicate our story and impact to enhance fund development; and develop campaigns and promotions to increase donor engagement. The ideal candidate will be a detail- and goal-oriented professional with excellent communication and computer skills and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. You’ll also have the ability to work independently and make great use of your problem-solving skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly compensation is $18-20 per hour. We offer PTO, health care coverage is provided for the employee (family members may be included at the employee’s expense) and a 3% retirement contribution.
• Manage the donor database: input and maintain donor information, process donations and thank-you letters, generate reports and mailings; implement giving recognition and appreciation
• Coordinate and manage mailings with mail house; provide and proof mailing lists and documents
• Manage volunteers who support fundraising activities
• Create and coordinate production and distribution of quarterly print newsletter and monthly e-newsletters
• Maintain an up-to-date website
• Manage social media channels
• Represent HAF in communication with others: create and format marketing materials, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and other related documents; edit/proofread documents as requested
• Create printed and email promotions
• Develop and distribute news releases
• Support the planning and management of fundraising and friend-raising events and outreach activities with the staff and Board of Directors
• Staff evening and weekend events as needed
• 2 years of relevant experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and building relationships with members and donors; experience in managing direct mail and email campaigns and experience using a donor database (we use Bloomerang).
• Strong writing and communication skills, with experience in writing in a variety of styles for different outlets
• Proficiency in WordPress, Microsoft Office and Social Media (Facebook, and Instagram)
• Experience with photography for social media
• Ability to convey the mission of Hoyt Arboretum Friends and motivate the community through outreach.
• Direct experience in supporting and planning friend- and fundraising events.
• Passionate about nature, trees and conservation.
• Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of two years of nonprofit or other relevant work experience.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter specific to this position and outlining your applicable qualifications and personal interest, a resume, and a relevant writing sample (fundraising letter, press release, newsletter article or other similar piece). We will begin scheduling interviews in late June and the position will remain open until filled.
Please send in one PDF document, titled LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_DEVELOPMENT.pdf with a subject line of COORDINATOR APPLICATION to email@example.com. No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the large number of applications, we may not be able to reply to all candidates.
Hoyt Arboretum Friends is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. This job description is not all inclusive and may be amended.