The mission of the Houston Botanic Garden is to enrich life through discovery, education, and conservation of plants and the natural environment. HBG is a recently completed botanic garden that strives to inspire all people to love plants and be good stewards of the natural world. The gardens include a global garden with arid, sub-tropical, and tropical plants; a culinary garden with permanent and seasonal displays; a family garden centered around a lagoon; a woodland event garden; wetlands; and a coastal prairie on a 132-acre site.
The Houston Botanic Garden is seeking an Exhibits Production Coordinator to manage the operations of incoming exhibitions, including Nature Connects, the Lightscape holiday light experience, and the upcoming Steve Tobin exhibit. The candidate will also support private rentals and Garden events as needed. The ideal candidate is organized, attentive, detail oriented, demonstrates strong problem solving skills, is skilled in developing relationships both internally and externally, and desires to work in a dynamic organization in a stage of rapid growth.
Schedule and Salary:
• Part to Full Time Flexible Position
• Position requires flexibility for events. Schedule for confirmed days and times available upon inquiry.
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as the Production Manager of the Garden venue during special exhibits, supervising back of house production and box office staff.
• Act as a liaison to security, administrative staff, and production staff during extended open hours for special events and exhibitions.
• Assist in coordinating and completing facilities requests for exhibition load-in and out and special events associated with exhibitions.
• Provide additional support as needed for processing ticket orders and trouble-shooting admissions questions during run of show.
• Ensure the Garden is properly cleared and secured at closing.
• Act as a positive ambassador for the Garden at all times.
• Maintain safe and welcoming environment for all guests.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Experience working in some field of events or arts production.
• Proficiency with Office software and ability to learn ticketing and POS software (Tessitura and Shopify)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Capable of lifting moderate weights (tables, boxes, etc)
• Flexibility to work events at varying times.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Thank you for your interest!