Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking a Hershey Children’s Garden Coordinator to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the HCG Coordinator is responsible for the Garden’s educational programming and support resources including program-centered horticultural features, displays, and hands-on activities.
• Plan, supervise, and execute ongoing and special HCG educational programs, including creation, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
• Generate reports, summaries and recommendations to ensure program quality and to assist with future program planning.
• Plan and implement temporary and seasonal changes to the HCG, including educational areas, play spaces, interpretive elements, program horticulture areas and decorative displays.
• Coordinate with facilities, horticulture and exhibition teams on routine maintenance, upgrades, and capital projects that impact the HCG guest experience and program environment.
• Instruct children’s programs through the class schedule.
• Perform daily safety inspections of all HCG guest areas and structures.
• Create daily HCG visitor information materials and coordinate with marketing and other team members in the development of other educational and informational material.
• Oversee and maintain the onsite Honey Bee hive and associated programming.
• Coordinate the Affiliate Garden Club Planter Project.
• Assist Manager of Family Engagement in annual program budgeting and ensure that approved budget allocations are monitored and managed effectively.
• Provide daily supervision of seasonal staff for HCG.
• In cooperation with Volunteer Manager and direct supervisor, train, schedule and provide daily supervision of HCG volunteers.
• Assist with other Education department and organizational functions as required.
• Provide support for other family engagement programs, special exhibitions, and special events during the HCG off-season and at other times as assigned.
• Seek professional development opportunities to stay current in the field.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in education, horticulture, biology, natural sciences or related field.
• Experience in formal or informal education or equivalent setting with an emphasis on early childhood or youth education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Horticulture/gardening experience preferred.
• Experience and enthusiasm for engaging the public.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to:
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace