Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking an Animal Care Assistant to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the Animal Care Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Animal Care Specialist in the day-to-day management and maintenance of the animals in the glasshouse. The position will maintain animal enclosures and facilities related to the animal program to the highest standards. The Animal Care Assistant will work with USDA inspectors and other related personnel to ensure compliance of the animal programs per USDA regulations.
• Ensures the health and well-being of the animal collections, ensuring they are properly fed and in good health.
• Maintains animal enclosures and quarantine rooms to the highest degree of cleanliness.
• Maintains proper animal care records.
• Assists Horticulturists in the glasshouse with general plant maintenance as needed.
• Participates in ice and snow removal when requested.
• Experience working with small animals is preferred.
• Ability to use common kitchen cutlery and measuring utensils to prepare animal diets.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Must past a drug test.
• Must be able to work Sundays and Mondays, 7:00am-3:30pm, with occasional nights and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to:
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace