Come join us in one of the most beautiful places in the world while truly making a difference.
Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden “HTBG” is conducting a search for its new Director / Executive Director. The selected Director will assist in guiding the transformation of HTBG into a new chapter from its 40-year history of being a regional Hawaii destination and a significant horticultural asset into a world class environmental experience, and education leader.
Focused on being a top-ranked center for discovery, learning, wellness, and science based on the pressing need of biodiversity and sustainability enlightenment, this job offers a tremendous opportunity to the right leader with the ideal mix of skills and qualifications as well as imagination!
The new charter and growth opportunity for HTBG is the expansion of over 100 acres of an oceanfront bio-reserve contiguous to the existing world class subtropical botanical garden located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Boasting over 2,000 species, representing more than 125 families and 750 genera, are found in this one-of-a-kind garden. Its mission is to educate, inspire and empower all people to be active stewards of the environment and their own well-being by providing guest from around the world with an experience they can learn from as well as bring home to continue the education of others.
The Director will report directly to the President and is responsible for the overall operational leadership of the organization and will exhibit the highest level of collaboration, team building and influencing skills to achieve outstanding performance throughout the organization. Through a commitment for the HTBG’s environmental and educational mission, growing revenue – both earned and contributed – and controlling expenses will be critical as the Director provides leadership across the organization and inspires her or his staff to excellence in all areas.
We seek a leader who is an exceptional relationship builder who can inspire donors, sponsors, business leaders, visitors, members, volunteers and other key stakeholders in their support of the Garden. We are particularly interested in a person who can demonstrate an ability to enhance the visitor experience through adult and children’s programming, garden development and special events and exhibits.
• Personal and professional alignment with the organization’s defined vision and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in business or other equivalent degree in a field related to HTBG’s purpose; or at least five years of equivalent, increasingly responsible administrative experience, at least two of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
• Proven experience in managing a multidisciplinary organization with / ownership of a multi-million dollar P&L and budget.
• A minimum of five years of experience in administration – directing a business firm or nonprofit agency and involving supervision of a diverse staff .
• Exceptional management ability and a sincere commitment to the goals and values of the organization.
• Demonstrated success in fundraising and public relations.
Mail Cover letter and CV to HTBGHR@HTBG.com