Position Title: Head Gardener
Full-time position and ability to relocate
Head Gardener for a 3-acre garden by Piet Oudolf in Southampton, New York.
The position will collaborate with the homeowner and designer to ensure the garden evolves and matures as intended. The ideal candidate must have deep knowledge of plants and experience working with them. Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position.Take a sense of ownership of the garden. The candidate has to be self-motivated and able to lead a small team of Gardeners.
• A horticultural degree with an emphasis on ornamental horticulture is preferred.
• References/proven track record and experience with the care of gardens and landscapes.
• Working knowledge of best horticultural practices and techniques.
• Proficiency in proper pruning techniques for a variety of ornamental shrubs and trees.
• Strong organizational and communication skills and experience working in a collaborative culture.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Work outside, year-round, at a productive pace in various weather conditions.
Salary and benefits to commensurate with experience. Health benefits included.
Please email cover letter and CV to: